Photography Mentor Sessions
AVAILABLE ONLINE OR IN-PERSON
I’m here to teach you everything no one told me when starting a photography business. It took me five years to get where I am today - a fully booked and published commercial and portrait photographer and educator. If you're a busy mom like me who doesn't have five years to DIY your photography business, let me get you on the fast track! I'm here to share all my secrets so you can be hitting your own goals by the time our mentor sessions are over!
Packages + Pricing
- 1 month package - 2 sessions covering 2 topics of your choice: $275
- 2 month package - 4 sessions covering 4 topics of your choice: $450
- 4 month package - 8 sessions covering 8 topics of your choice: $800
- 6 month package - 12 sessions. This is the only package that will cover everything you need to know to legally start your own photography business, create and send contracts, build a website, send online galleries, build an email list and sales and marketing tips on how to book your calendar full of clients : $3,000
*Packages include one hour bi-weekly live video or in-person meetings.
If a package isn't the right fit for you at this time you can book a la cart sessions at a regular rate of $150. A la cart sessions can be scheduled at any time.
Payment plans available:
2 month package: $225 a month for 2 months
4 month package: $200 a month for 4 months
6 month package: $500 a month for 6 months
Photography and Editing Lessons
- Camera gear and accessories: computers, SD cards, photo storage, cameras, lenses, remotes, cables and accessories (very beginner)
- Getting to know your camera's basic functions (very beginner)
- Shooting in manual mode - the exposure triangle - Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO and reading the light meter inside your camera
- Lighting: Indoor vs Outdoor and setting your white balance
- Discovering different genres of photography and which lenses are best for each genre
- Composition, Cropping and Camera Angles
- Posing, Props and Places
- Color Theory and Styling
- Portfolio Critique - Choose 10 of your best images for me to critique
- Watch me edit - choose one of my photos plus one of your photos to watch me edit.
- Watch me during a photoshoot - come along with me during a client photoshoot and watch me in action.
- Studio Photography: Everything you need to know to safely set up an in-home photography studio - backdrops, lights, stands, modifiers and additional equipment and accessories.
- Editing in Photoshop - Beginner
- Editing in Photoshop - Intermediate
- Editing in Photoshop - Advanced
- Editing in Lightroom - Beginner
- Editing in Lightroom - Intermediate
- Editing in Lightroom - Advanced
*All lessons come with a downloadable PDF workbook and access to my private Facebook Photography Community where you're able to ask questions and get feedback from other photographers who have taken my courses or attended my workshops.
Business and Marketing Lessons
1. Setting up a legal business: Business formation options, naming your business, insurance, contracts, taxes, copyright and watermarks
2. Social Media Best Practices
3. How to Build an Email List and create a content plan
4. Building a Website and Client Image Gallery
5. Sales and Marketing tips for a fully booked calendar
6. Mini Session Best Practices and Client Workflow
7. Networking, Professional Associations, Getting Your Work Published
8. Pricing, Packages and Charity Work